Xeon CPU or consumer CPU for hosting games?

G00gle

Пользователь
Симпатии
Hey guys,
What server configuration it is best for hosting a game server? One with Xeon CPU or one with a normal cpu like i5/i7/i9 or rayzen 5/7/9 ?
Currently have a dedicated server with Xeon CPU where i'm doing all my tests and atm everything is ok for me, but i havent really allowed anyone else on the server to see how it handles the load when 32/32 full server until i get everything sorted out how i like

NeTvoyKenji

Пользователь
Симпатии
Depending on what goals are being pursued.

A friend has a public server 32/32, which is installed on a xeon processor with a frequency of 2600MHz. Tick rate 1000, pingboost 3. No problems with FPS drawdown were observed.
If exclusively on your own game server, then you should not overpay for the processor, since this is not necessary. If for hosting game servers, then it is more advisable to take either serious copies in the form of Gold Xeon, or desktop processors.
For 1.6 there is no difference intel or amd, since the 1.6 server does not consume much processor resources. If we take into account heavy games like minecraft, rust, and the like, then it is more advisable to choose AMD as they will be more faster.

G00gle

Пользователь
Симпатии
Yes, Yes, a 1.6 public server that with any luck will be 32/32.
Thx for the answer

Сверху Снизу